Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10 (209 Views)

Community Badge

Thank you to Virgin for my Community Badge - but honestly, I just want a better service from my TiVO box.

Superfast
Message 2 of 10 (173 Views)

Re: Community Badge

Here, here. Totally agree so have given you kudos to go with your badge. Sadly it will not make your Tivo work any better or change anything else for that matter.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10 (161 Views)

Bugger! ..... Oh well, we'll keep persevering with it. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10 (142 Views)

These "badges" are symptomatic of what is wrong with VM...they spoo feed you s**t and expect you to be grateful & lap it up!

BTW..how the hell do you get rid of these stupid badges???

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 5 of 10 (139 Views)

you leave the forum.
and before you ask. Most ISP use the same company for support forums so moving wont help so quit the BS. if you can't ignore them if you dont care about them then you have more problem then the forum can help with.

Be grown up up and ignore them
Superfast
Message 6 of 10 (136 Views)

Some like to vent a little occasionally. If you don't like a topic I find it best to ignore it, then, unlike badges, it tends to die a natural death. R.I.P.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10 (126 Views)

As far as I'm aware this forum isn't run by virgin media staff, it's customers.
It is therefore not their fault that the TiVo sucks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 8 of 10 (104 Views)

@darp63. Not exactly true. This support forum is run by Virgin Media and they have staff working here and responding. However, the first response to posts is more often from other members of the community who may or may not be VM customers.

Worth looking at this page to find out who's who on the forum: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGettingStarted
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10 (100 Views)

OK, I stand corrected.
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 10 of 10 (88 Views)

[ Edited ]

apcyberax wrote:
you leave the forum.
and before you ask. Most ISP use the same company for support forums so moving wont help so quit the BS. if you can't ignore them if you dont care about them then you have more problem then the forum can help with.

Be grown up up and ignore them

Fair comment, But..

Imagine you are a 'customer' who is having problems (most appear to!) you tried the 'live chat' but they are always busy..you try the phone numbers, and after negotiating the automated 'press # if you are phoning about #'  robot, you get some foreign 'wallah' who reads form a script, doesn't listen to you, and then either cuts you off, or puts you on hold until you give up, you then find this 'official' forum, so post your problem on here...then, you get an e-mail saying that you have mail from the site..

Hoping for a reply, or some 'help' all you get is a 'congratulations, you are shooting through the ranks faster than VM's broadband'  

Yes, false hope...so you STILL have the problem, have wasted time and effort trying to get some sort of 'help' from the company, and all you get is a stupid badge..

FWIW, they don't bother me any more, but, having been in the situation I describe above, I admit I felt like that too!!

VM's attitude that it's easier to 'reward' someone with a computer generated response, is far, far easier than actually trying to DO something to help them, (which is FAR too difficult and time consuming!!) Smiley Tongue

(Even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed people)