Menu
Philipsamba1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling membership

I called up to cancel my Virgin Media as I only have 33 days of my current contract left and then it rises £30 for the same package.

The gentleman at Retention told me to call back 7 days to get a better deal. but i told him if I waited until then, I wouldn't be able to cancel and would be paying £30 extra.

I thought they would try and keep existing customers a little more. Sky are better at this than Virgin.

if they offered a better deal, even the same deal as i have now i would have stayed :

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling membership

Hi Philipsamba1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

More often than not, the best deals we can offer you are those when you are outside of your minimum term. When still in contract, you may not get the best offers unless there is a promotion on that particular day. 

Give the team another try. There may be something we can do. 150 / 0345 454 1111. If you're still unhappy then you can go through the cancellation process with them on the same call. 

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos