Menu
bigbaddom
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable my street

I live in sk165db area of Cheshire,although a lot of this area has been cabled this year I would like to know if ALL of this area is being cabled,they've got to the bottom of my street but then stopped and moved else where,it's really confusing to be so close butter so far away..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable my street

Two things to consider.

1) VM do not install in un-adopted roads. If the road is still maintained privately then wayleave must be obtained from the owner.

2) If the expansion is HFC (planned at original 1990s build but never completed) & not Fibre only then there is a finite capacity for expansion. To bulid Fibre into new areas requires a different ducting system & would be planned seperately.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

bigbaddom
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Vm has been putting in new ducting in all my surrounding area but stopped at the bottom of my road 6 months ago and then went to work on a different area,I only want to know if there coming back to my street,it's not an unadopted road or a private road,I'm just desperate to get on vm as my friends have just got it.,cheers for you're reply.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

bigbaddom wrote:

Vm has been putting in new ducting in all my surrounding area but stopped at the bottom of my road 6 months ago and then went to work on a different area,I only want to know if there coming back to my street,it's not an unadopted road or a private road,I'm just desperate to get on vm as my friends have just got it.,cheers for you're reply.

Then it may be 2 above.

ie. They have built out the original plan to its full extent & the build is now at capacity. Any more expansion would come under a new project. You will just have to register & hope.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi bigbaddom,

As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. 

Checking your postcode, your street isn't yet in our expansion plans. 

The good news is you can register your interest via Cable My Street here: Cable My Street

Get any neighbours who may also be interested to register on the same link and this will give you more of a chance of getting installed with our Project Lightning Smiley Happy

Hope that helps. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos