Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (177 Views)

Cable my street

Was debating changing from sky to virgin as they had recently put their cables into our town, I checked on the cable my street website and it said available at one point. But then after a few weeks it now says, this postcode is in our expansion plan. Also other parts of the town have recently had roadworks to do with virgin and they have already had their road activated. But apparently our road isn't...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (165 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by CFarrell1996
a month ago

Re: Cable my street

Hi CFarrell1996, 

Thanks for your post and it's really great to hear you are wanting Virgin Media Smiley Happy 

Once cables are laid in an area, it can take a while to things up and running. Also the whole town may not of been cabled at the same time. 

As you have registered via Cable My Street, you will get an email update to let you know once we've approved your area. From there it can take in excess of a year before we can accept orders. 

More often than not you'll start to receive leaflets or emails to let you know when we can install you. 

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (166 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by CFarrell1996
a month ago

Hi CFarrell1996, 

Thanks for your post and it's really great to hear you are wanting Virgin Media Smiley Happy 

Once cables are laid in an area, it can take a while to things up and running. Also the whole town may not of been cabled at the same time. 

As you have registered via Cable My Street, you will get an email update to let you know once we've approved your area. From there it can take in excess of a year before we can accept orders. 

More often than not you'll start to receive leaflets or emails to let you know when we can install you. 

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Superuser
Message 3 of 4 (83 Views)

Virgin will only install in council maintained (i.e adopted) roads. If you are in a private road that is otherwise maintained then the road won't be in the expansion plan.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4 (65 Views)

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very bad move.

I changed for more speed and have had HELL with these idiots.

Trust me SKY much better ( from a very unhappy Virgin customer )

VIRGIN= 30 problems in about 6 months. SKY=4 problems in 3 years.
0 Kudos