Menu
Highlighted
Morrisey15
Tuning in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Cable my street

We are moving into a new build. In an area that already has virgin fibre (also new hosues). So i was wondering will the house im going into have fibre?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 31
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable my street

No worries

I will check this again on Wednesday if there's no reply from the teams Monday or Tuesday for you. If you don't hear from me by Thurs if you can pop back a reply to give me a nudge that would be fab Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

use this link and enter the postcode of your new address to find out if services are available. it should list the properties covered by their door numbers, if it doesn't list the address door number, click on the enter address manually button and fill the form in.

or you can phone them up on 150 free from any vm land line or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and ask them to check for the address/door number etc.

Morrisey15
Tuning in
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Yeh on the site, it says unavailable. But the house is a new  build and has only just recently had the postcode registered. But the rest of the estate has fibre, those houses were built earlier though.

0 Kudos
prosam
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

The company/individual that has developed your property needs to apply if your property is a new build. If you can get into contact with them and give them this link: http://www.virginmedia.com/lightning/network-expansion/property-developers This should make a difference!

Package: VIVID 100 Broadband TV M and Talk Unlimited.

Note: I do not work for Virgin Media, I only help fellow Virgin customers so my answers may be wrong! If I helped you please mark my post as helpful or give me a kudos!

I am in a Virgin over subscribed area!
Morrisey15
Tuning in
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

The whole area is linked up with virgin media fibre. I am now in my new home. It has the virgin media socket ready for use. But i cant seem to get virgin. The postcode on the cable my street comes up and the house number. It says unavailable yet over the road about 20m away. They hsve vrigin media. Any thoughts
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Morrisey15

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

If the new build home is registered with Royal Mail then our Cable My Street teams can look at supporting you.

In order for me to advise them of the address needing updated on the database, can you please pop back to me on a PM with:

• Your name
  • Your full address
  • Confirmation the address is live with Royal Mail

Once we know this is the case we can email the teams to see about getting the address added on the database for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my profile link Karen_A
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Thanks again

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Morrisey15

Thanks for your PM Smiley Happy

Looking at this it is with our National Home Builders teams.

For me to pop the form to them that's connected to the address I also need the following information from you.

If you don't mind dropping back with another PM (sorry) with the following. I can flag this to them for you.

They require:

• Your current address
  • Your preferred email
  • Your preferred phone no
  • The developers name for the new home
  • The development name of where the property is.

If you could pop back again, that would be brilliant!

Many thanks.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Morrisey15 Smiley Happy

Just one more thing.  I promise!

You've mentioned you are not going to be the account holder so I would need the account holders name via a PM so I can fill the form in with the right details or it will be linked to you as a request.

If you can pop this back too that would be fab via PM again.

Thank you so so much for your cooperation today Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant thanks Morrisey15 Smiley Happy

I've fllled the form in for you guys now.

Do you guys know when you're likely to be moving in? No need to pop that on a PM you can drop that here in a reply if you like Smiley Happy

Cheers lovely.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Morrisey15
Tuning in
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

We've already moved in. Thats why its such a big thing.