Menu
Highlighted
Disabledmomma
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cable laying in Bangor Co. Down

First of all, I am not impressed that I had to "join the community" just to ask a question. But, to the point......the contractors laying the cable in my area currently have basically left me housebound. I use a mobility scooter to get out if my husband or dad aren't available to drive me. I have been unable to go out due to the footpaths being left impassable either by barriers or due to the holes that have been left. When I spoke to one of the contractors a few minutes ago he said "ah sure we'll be gone in a week". I told him that didn't help me much as I was still housebound and also they have left the footpaths in such a bad state that using my scooter will be a bone shaker of a ride and cause me alot of pain. Basically your contractors do not care about the disruption they are causing residents. If I had ever thought of getting Virgin media, I certainly will NOT be getting it now. Our footpaths need FULLY resurfaced. I will be contacting the Roads Service first thing on Monday!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable laying in Bangor Co. Down

Hi Disabledmomma, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about any inconveniences that our works may have caused. 

When work is ongoing, it can be a bit of a mess whilst we lay the cables however we will ensure that everything is returned back to normal before we pack off and leave. 

There will be site audits done at the end of each day to ensure there are no health and safety risks too. 

Once work has been completed, if you are still having any issues, come back and let us know so we can then investigate further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out