Menu
Specookie
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Cable My Street

Hi,

I get the following message when I check my post code,

"We’re busy behind the scenes getting ready to connect your community. We’re working as fast as we can to get to you and looking forward to being able to bring Virgin Media services to this area."

Are you able to tell me if this means I will be getting Virgin Media cable in the near future?

Post Code - KA5 6BB

Thanks

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Street

Sorry, completely off topic but I love it when people give their post codes and I can see where they live on Google Maps street view.  It's like going on a magical mystery tour without having to leave my comfy chair.     Smiley Happy

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

looking at http://maps.thinkbroadband.com/#!lat=55.451699341507485&lng=-4.283461016926595&zoom=11&type=terrain&... the cost of running possible cables to preswick would cost small arm and leg, plus the area you live in small population, so doubt it would be cost effective to wire the area, it will be a few days for the forum admin to reply with possible more details.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Specookie
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, the main towns in Ayrshire - Ayr, Kilmarnock and Irvine are currently getting cable installed.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Specookie

Many thanks for getting in touch with us on the community about the Cable My Street query and a warm welcome to the community too. It's great to have you with us Smiley Very Happy

Can I check that you have registered your interest with the above CMS link? In order for us to consider areas we need to have an idea first of how much interest there would be in our services from potential customers, so the more people who register on this link, the better the chances of your area being included in our proposed network expansion. Smiley Wink

If you could let us know if this has been done then that would be great. Once we know you have submitted your interest we can then flag this to the teams to see if they can look into this further for us.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Specookie
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've already registered.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff thanks Smiley Very Happy

If that is the case then I'm going to do a little further digging for you with the teams.

For me to do so, I need some more information from you so I'm popping a pm to you that you can find on the top right of the forums in the

If you could drop back your reply to me on this, that would be brilliant Smiley Wink

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Specookie

Thanks for confirming your details to me earlier in the pm.

The teams have come back to me and advised that

This is part of an active job that has been issued to our build partners.

They have provided an estimated completion date for their Civils’/cabling work of 9/10/17

Once that has been done, the job will need to go through network activation and we do not have an estimated completion date for that piece of work as of yet.

Following that, the job will be quality checked and have to go through the release process.

Please note that all dates provided are only estimated to allow for any unforeseen issues that may cause the dates to move out.

If you wish to come back to us for a further update closer to the date mentioned above, please do so and ensure you quote the reference number for this job which is NBU 52682 to us on the forums. 

I know this is a bit of a wait but by all means try coming back to us in about two months – this may well come forward once the build starts.

If there’s anything else we can help with please just give us a shout.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

9th October 2017 and beyond ... I can confidently predict that technology involving mental thought transfer will have made the internet redundant by then.   

Don't bother to reply ... I've read your thoughts already  (thought transference Beta Tester 01).     Smiley Wink

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Specookie
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Is there any update on job ref NBU 52682?

Thanks

0 Kudos