Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (627 Views)

Cable My Street - Where is it?

Hi,

In October last year I had a leaflet pushed through my door explaining that we were going to have Virgin Media installed on our street, YAY! I had also registered my details previously on Cable my Street.

Now 5 Months later, the whole estate has been cabled (not sure if it is finished or not, but no work vans have been around for the past month at least) but my street hasn't been touched?

Every time I go back onto the cable my street page it doesnt actually tell me anything, it goes back to the start page - I've tried this for weeks now on my computer and mobile but to no avail.

Am I going to get Virgin Media in my house or not? Postcode is S81 0AA

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 4 (609 Views)

Re: Cable My Street - Where is it?

The construction stage is only the first stage of what can be a long job. Yes, you will get services, & you will usually get leaflets through or even a knock on the door from a salesman when your network segment goes live. No need to register again.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4 (603 Views)

S24BAF wrote:

Every time I go back onto the cable my street page it doesnt actually tell me anything, it goes back to the start page - I've tried this for weeks now on my computer and mobile but to no avail.

Am I going to get Virgin Media in my house or not? Postcode is S81 0AA

That's a bad sign.

Work is still in progress in your area, a nearby street is being built to between 31st May and 9th June.

As far as if or when you'll be covered, unfortunately the chances are VM themselves have no idea. Smiley Sad

If you do manage to crack the puzzle and find the secret formula to getting answers please do share it. This is a mystery even CxO level don't seem to be able to unravel.

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4 (599 Views)

nodrogd wrote:

The construction stage is only the first stage of what can be a long job. Yes, you will get services, & you will usually get leaflets through or even a knock on the door from a salesman when your network segment goes live. No need to register again.

The man remarked that his street hasn't been touched. Construction should be pretty late on in the chain, you'd hope that some planning has taken place before hand.

0 Kudos