Menu
pklemy
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cable My Street - So close but so far

In the image below, my house faces onto the road to the bottom without cable Smiley Sad

The road at the top has 200mb superfast broadband. My house backs onto that road, is there anyway to get that piped straight through my garden and in to my house? Pleeeeeeeeease, no more waiting! 

broadband.png

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Street - So close but so far

Won't that need to go through the garden of the house above you as well?

Technically it could, but I bet you'll have problems persuading computers that it can be done.

Anyway in around 1-2 weeks a Member of Virgin staff will get to this and be able to look into this for you.

pklemy
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The strip of land behind our house is not actually owned by house it is owned by the council so a cable could go from the pavement to our garden without touching anyone else's property. 

To rub salts in the wounds, I get sent Virgin Broadband offers too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BTW how come it did that street but didn't get to yours, are you sort of a newer or older development or did virgin just give up, and is there no indication they will continue with yours?

0 Kudos
pklemy
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A very good question. 

My street is newer. 'Apparently', there was a dispute between the builder and the company laying the cable relating to another site the builder was developing, hence, they never laid the cable in our street.

0 Kudos
pklemy
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What are the guidelines for getting broadband based on proximity to the line?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Residential addresses are allocated to street cabinets in line with local Postcodes when a section is built. The service tees from these houses therefore only go to this cabinet & cannot be connected elsewhere.

Adding addresses that are not part of that build section is usually avoided as it will inevitably cause capacity issues further down the line.

In short if you are not on a cabled street, you cant get a service even if an adjacent street can.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile