Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (82 Views)

Cable My Street - New Build

Hi Everyone

Firstly Hello to you all, newly joined the forum, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong board, 

I just recently moved in to a new build house and the builders are moving off site within the next couple weeks. Virgin was never cabelled up here but instead they used Sky (not happy with this). 

Has anyone moved to a new build or had cable recently installed in their area? How long did it take for Virgin to come around? I am tempted to give them a call and politely ask for them to come in to the area. I used to have Virgin and adjusting is difficult, especially with the internet speeds. 

Thanks to everyone who posts a reply. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (68 Views)

Re: Cable My Street - New Build

hiya @amrit1 i believe virginmedia will only cable an area where the streets are owned by the local council, and it also depends how close your to the local virginmedia network.. you could check with your local council, if there is no plans currently in place this can take years for the handover.
you could use e.g. -> http://maps.thinkbroadband.com/#!lat=55.37805099893188&lng=-3.43597299999999&zoom=6&type=terrain to see how close virginmedia is to your area

you can register your interest via -> http://www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet/ and would suggest you ask the people living in the new build to do the same.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (62 Views)

Re: Cable My Street - New Build

Hi 

Thanks for replying to me. 

I have had a look and believe that Cable is around the surrounding areas, a couple of streets behind me. 

The development is currently un-adopted, however the process has begun for the local council to adopt it.

I am hoping Virgin decide to come sooner than later and put me out of my misery. 

0 Kudos