Menu
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 15 (78 Views)

Re: Cable My Street Broken

You could have considered moving back dahn saaff, to RG41 5, where 200/12 is available 24/7!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 12 of 15 (53 Views)

[ Edited ]
If I were to move it would be somewhere With Hyperoptic or FTTP. Given the level of incompetence VM have shown in my dealings with them here I'm not sure trusting them with vital connectivity would be wise.

They can't keep The London Grid running. What hope my WFH?
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 15 (37 Views)

[ Edited ]

I live in Woodley not far from the Winnersh headend, and yes rock solid 200mbit connection.

But whoever is running the project lightning rollout @ VM is believe or not making worse job of customer service than Openreach.

The website is rubbish, no indicative timings on proposed or future rollout of build.

Good example of this is the build out in G15 Glasgow, reaching the streets (half the neighbourhood) Cabletel/NTL didn't quite get done before Chapter 11.

Pete

Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 15 (28 Views)

gonnella wrote:

I live in Woodley not far from the Winnersh headend, and yes rock solid 200mbit connection.

But whoever is running the project lightning rollout @ VM is believe or not making worse job of customer service than Openreach.

The website is rubbish, no indicative timings on proposed or future rollout of build.

Good example of this is the build out in G15 Glasgow, reaching the streets (half the neighbourhood) Cabletel/NTL didn't quite get done before Chapter 11.

Pete

I live in Winnersh - not far from Woodley!  Glad you have the same experience as I. 

Just on a point of information, the head end is at Langley; the area hub is in Moulton Road Reading and Winnersh is the "core"  that gets you onto the Backbone (to Brentford).

Not everyone on the Reading hub gets a good service.  It's all to do with line cards and CMTS disposition as well as population density.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 15 of 15 (23 Views)

[ Edited ]
Well it's somewhat irrelevant to me now. I have ordered my additional / backup line already.

It's very, very arrogant of VM to assume people will hold off purchasing elsewhere or will be happy to pay full price indefinitely elsewhere rather than recontracting.

The same customers who want the higher end packages aren't going to be checking streetworks on a daily basis hoping this will be the day VM pull their finger out, rebuffing offers from Sky or others in return for a new contract.

As I was invested in the project somewhat and it was a better option for the purpose I spent months with no backup circuit. Patience has run out, it had to given the odd service interruption.

The website is less than worthless, the information it provides, when it works, at best pointless.

BT's FTTC may be slow, but at least they give a delivery date months in advance and, the vast majority of the time, stick to it.

If VM do eventually build to this address, and I have not either died of old age or am so decrepit I can't answer the door, I'll let the missus answer it. I would be a bit ranty with the poor sales guy, and it's not their fault.
0 Kudos