Menu
James_mdm
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

CATV Manhole cover

Hi,

We have had numerous issues with a CATV Manhole cover outside our house. It has been part repaired numerous times, but has now sunk to a dangerous depth which could lead to serious injury to persons who use the pavement, worse still, cars and lorries that mount the pavement could end up damaging or losing a wheel.

It had been reported to Essex Highways, but after inspection, they have stated that they will not carry-out any repairs as it isn't their property.

I have a reference number that was supplied by Virgin to Essex Highways on the 14 Feb: 288413.

Please advise on what I can do next.

Thank you in advance,

James.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: CATV Manhole cover

Hi James

Thanks for providing the details of the manhole cover that is a concern to you and your neighbours.

I am going to escalate this back to our Cabinet and Plant teams to look into this further for us.

For me to do so they will need some further information from me to support you.

In order for me to provide this for them would you mind confirming some information for me please.

If you could send a private message to me with your name and full address and preferred contact number I can then flag this to the teams for you and will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm what we have done for you and what to expect next Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi James

Many thanks for getting back to me with your PM to me.

I have pass this to our Cabinet and Plant teams to escalate this on your behalf.

They may not get back in touch with me directly regarding this for you but usually respond to complaints raised within 14 days.

If the issue has not been addressed by then, if you could pop back on this thread to let me know so I can escalate this further for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
James_mdm
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

As you suggested, I am getting back to you as I have yet to hear anything regarding the ongoing issue with the manhole cover outside my property. It's been over 4 weeks since you raised it with Cabinet and Plant team whereas they normally take up to 14 days to respond.

Please raise this as a matter of urgency as we had an issue on Saturday afternoon where a toddler tripped-up over the cover and fell onto the road. Fortunately for the little girl and her family, there were no cars were about.

If it helps to speed things up, I am supplying my mobile number again so someone can contact me: **************.

Thank you,

James.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi James

The first message was a public one but the second one came through in the correct way Smiley Happy

I have re-escalated your details along with the contact number you supplied to our teams and a manager I know has been supportive in the past for us on the forums when we have needed additional support with this so I’ll do my best to get a resolution for you to this as soon as possible.

I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks again

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi James

Thanks for your PM to me and my apologies this issue is not yet sorted for you.

The last I had heard on this is that this was being picked up by the Cabinet and Plant Maintenance teams for you within a week of your last post to me so my sincere apologies this is not yet sorted.,

I have re-escalated this back to one of the managers for them to chase this on our behalf and I’ll keep you in the loop as soon as I know more.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
James_mdm
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey James

The administrator has come back to me and advised:

I have looked into this for you, the engineers are going back out on the 24th of May (Wednesday this week) to perform works, they advised the council kept rejecting works as another contractor had been performing works at the same site area and they won’t allow for contractor works to conflict with one another etc.

He's asked that I check in with him on Thursday for you, in order to confirm the status of the works which I will so catch you then!

Thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos