Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: CABLE MY STREET

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the nudge Smiley Happy

I've popped back to the same to teams to ask them if they can check into this again for us both. 

I'll let you know what they say when they get back to me.

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 12 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen, I put my actual full address in and now its saying im in expansion plans so fingers crossed :-)

Many thanks and I await your response.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin

I'm very sorry, it's been checked and the teams came back with this for me just now Smiley Sad

Hi there Karen –

I’m sorry to report that this is still not an area that we are Planning. The associated NBU is still cancelled and inactive. I’m not sure where the new message comes from as it’s not based on the system for this address.

We’ve not even added this postcode to BADGER!

Apologies for snuffing out this glimmer of hope for the resident Smiley Sad

We've flagged this back to the CMS page managers for them to update the site with the correct information.

I am so sorry for the misleading informationSmiley Sad

Please check back in with us again in a month or so.

I'll check this for you whenever you get back to me.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 14 of 40
Flag for a moderator

:-( I thought they had decided to do it ho hum! Ill give you a shout in a few months see if anything has changed.

Many thanks for checking Karen appreciated.

Kevin

0 Kudos
K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 15 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know it was on the following link from your website.

https://www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet/results?postcode=LS237BP&uprn=72572958&addrsrc=2&nex=250

Many thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Guess what!

The guy who updated me earlier just called me to chat but I have laryngitis so he had to email Smiley Happy

He's got back to me and said:

Hang fire Karen!!!

This may be being looked at under NBU96825 now, which seems to include this address.

Teams- I can see that this was sent for QC a while ago. Any chance you could have a look and see where this has gotten to?

It all crossed over at the same time as your reply Smiley Happy

So the upshot of this is it''s not a definitive no right now and once the Quality checks have been done we can then look to see at which stage this is so I can then advise you.

I'll be back as soon as I can with updates for you Kevin Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 17 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Karen,

Ohhh wow! now thats good news, what are the quality checks out of curiosity ? is that feasibility study or something along those lines ?

Many thanks Karen

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin

I feel like this is an emotional rollercoaster.

Matt just got back to me to say:

The area has been fully planned, but has not been approved to build. At the moment it’s not been allocated any time this year or next year to be built. This is assuming that it receives financial authority to build!

Effectively this will not be a quick release and I do not believe the resident will regret exploring other provider options. Just keep checking back with us to see when we get around to this area. Apologies this isn’t very specific, but the area is firmly on hold at this moment with no plans to activate the build element.

So even though it is in planning, as far as a quick turnaround on works is concerned, it's a no.

So sorry about that Kevin! I feel all wrung out now Smiley Sad

Just keep popping back as and when you get a chance and I'll always check this for you,

Thanks Kevin!

Karen_A
Forum Team

K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 19 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thank you, at least i know its in planning and it may be done at some point in the future but no guarantees, the planning number that it falls under is that for a redeployment of the area or its it an expansion of VM services I guess im trying to see if its dependant on external factors such as new estate (houses) being built etc etc

Many thanks for your efforts and time on this.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 40
Flag for a moderator

No worries Kevin

The NBU that it has been raised under is affected by the following:

•     cable my street enquiries,
  •     penetration rate
  •     projection
  •     cost

And I'm sure there's more I've not thought of Smiley Happy

I know cost was a factor originally here so this may be impacting the progress of this request. It's worth checking for you on a regulary 1-2 monthly basis and I'm happy to do so for you,

If you'd like I can send some leaflets to you too for you to drop locally unless you've already done this?

Just let me know if you'd like some as the more interest the higher the probability of us connecting the area.

Thanks again Kevin!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos