Menu
K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 1 of 40
Flag for a moderator

CABLE MY STREET

Hi,

I hope someone can help, I currently live in a street which has virginmedia to the streets to the left and the street on the right and to the street in front of my street and beyond, however for whatever reason my street does not have Virgin. Its like we are a single street surrounded by Virgin Media, I can see the virgin media cabinets at the entrance to my street however every time I have asked why we cant have virgin in my street I am met with its not on our plans.

I guess my question is, "Is there a reason that we cannot have Virgin Media" in my street, be that financial or technical. I would love to have it again, having moved here from a street where I was pretty much one of the first in the UK on what was at the time a 1Mbit product, I moved just as you switched to the 100Mbit.

If you PM me I can give you my address

I hope you can get an answer to this question, and to see if it is likely this will ever be provided at this address.

Kind Regards

Kevin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: CABLE MY STREET

Kevin, my sincere apologies we have missed this post.

I've just received your PM to advise me you had posted this back in January as requested, and checked into this to see why it was missed. Our MOD's have come back to me and confirmed it was an error within the system and asked that I pass on their apologies too.

I have messaged the teams to check into this for you and I'll be back in touch as soon as I get a reply from them for you. Usually I get a response within 24-48 hours.

In the meantime can I check you have registered with us on Cable My Street?

If so that’s fab. If not if you could register you interest there, that would be great.

I'll pop back to you as soon as I get updates for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hey Kevin

Many thanks for allowing me the time to look into this for you.

I've had some feedback for you and the teams have advised that currently there is no fibre in the area presently and the costs currently for this to be provided are not within our remit to progress further right now.

However. I have been copied into a mail to the Lightning Teams have been asked to have a secondary look into this given the surrounding streets do have cable.

They have mentioned that the street you live on may have been rejected in the initial proposals as it is a heavily block paved area?

If I get another update on this for you from them I'll be back in touch to let you know. Just because we have had a no right now doesn't mean it's a never from Virgin Media, and I'm doing what I can just to confirm this for you.

Thanks again and hope to speak soon!

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin

Some hopeful news. It's not an outright NO anymore  Smiley Very Happy

I've had this back from the Lightning Planning Team:

We have another opportunity in the area currently at the initial feasibility stage. I’ve asked a colleague to include 'YOUR STREET' (name removed for security), and surrounding areas in the plan to make a large opportunity.

There are no timescales for when this will be completed and it could proceed to the next stage for approval but I will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything back.

With there being no timescale on this I would suggest that if you are okay with this, to pop back to us on the forums every couple of months for me to chase this on your behalf to see if we can source further information for you. Just drop back to this thread and I'll be happy to chase again for you Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Karen_A

Forum Team

K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 5 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Karen, I hope whatever the plan is comes to fruition, I will remind you every now and again, but thank you for the update :-)

0 Kudos
K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 6 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Just giving this a Bump to see if you have had any further information on this one ?

Kind regards

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin Smiley Happy

I hope you're well lovely.

I've popped it over. Back in April the teams did come back to me after I responded to say that the cost was over budget for the planning to continue but it's been a few months since I was advised this so I've just sent a chaser to ask and see if this is likely to be reviewed anytime soon.

I'll let you know what they say as always Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A

Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin

Sadly it's still over budget Smiley Sad

This will get reviewed periodically,  unfortunately our budget is significantly below the figure currently quoted and unless this increases it will unfortunately still be over budget.

I will happily check in again in a month or so for you if you'd like to pop back here and drop me another nudge?

Many thanks

Karen_A

Forum Team

K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 9 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update Karen appreciated ill drop back a couple of months from now.

Many thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos
K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 10 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Just a bump to see if anything has changed as I now get the below when I put my postcode in ?

It looks like you’re in our expansion plan!

Many thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos