Menu
Mjm19620
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bt sport - Will I need to pay for this?

Hi just heard a rumour that VM are going to start charging extra for bt sport is this true

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bt sport - Will I need to pay for this?

I think it's only free in 'Full House' TV package anyway????? :..ZVNK ...
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As above, BT Sports is included with Full House TV, or can be added as a Premium Channel pack to any of the others. The current BT Sports wholesale agreement with VM comes up for renewal this autumn, so we will have to wait until then to see if there is any change to the current bundling arrangements.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
annorax
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I only have the broadband with VM but I wouldn't be surprised if VM start charging a small amount for BT Sport when the time comes.

BT customers have already been notified that a £3.50 a month charge will apply from August to those who are getting BT Sports free with their broadband.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

annorax wrote:

I only have the broadband with VM but I wouldn't be surprised if VM start charging a small amount for BT Sport when the time comes.

BT customers have already been notified that a £3.50 a month charge will apply from August to those who are getting BT Sports free with their broadband.

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. BT had to do something after it paid so much for football and keeping current customers with that offer was intended to keep customer numbers up given that market analysts were highly critical of the price paid. It only surprises me that it took so long to start charging these customers.

VM, on the other hand, paid a significant amount of money to get access to BT Sports and this was reflected in the price increase that followed. Given that there is still a lot of discontent in the market about the cost of sport then VM might have a strong hand in these negotiations. VM might not want to lose access to these channels but BT would suffer financially if they were no longer receiving the cash from VM.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

annorax wrote:

The hike at BT is no doubt partially to do with the introduction of 4K. If 4K is offered to VM as part of the next deal we will probably end up with two tier provision, with 4K being a Premium add-on (like Sky Sports HD) & the rest remaining where they are. Will the price of Full House go up? The response is obvious; it always does every year.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos