Menu
stuart6941
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Botched roadworks

The dreaded virgin workmen are on our estate. Our Cul de sac is block paved and virgin have lifted the majority. What makes me angry is the botched job they make of putting the pavings back down.

Chipped blocks, not filling in the gaps between the stones and the mess they leave. Mud and dirt all across the road. No attempt to clean up. It still looks like a building site.

My worry is over time patches of the road will dip as it's just been sloppily put back down. Certainly not putting it back as it was before.

A once lovely looking estate is is now a mess.

The workmen are still further round on the estate. Should I approach them or does anyone know if there is a complaints process?

Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Botched roadworks

i noticed this with new bulid areas they are a mess and vm use contacts with outsiders with this work and they nomaly dig up pathways not roads i would fill in the caps myself and will dip if this carry's on i notice they do clean up after the full work is been done they hire a big cleaner when all the work is been finshed this happened on holland house road in preston and we had to get the area manger to sort out the dip's becuse they was working on the site still good thing it was still working on the area

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
stuart6941
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, thanks for your reply.

They dug up the paths on the estate where it is not block paved but the road on the block paved sections. There is a lot to fill in so would cost a lot in send.

I'll have to keep my eye on it to see if dips appear. It will be interesting to see if they do clean up at the end. I'm not hopeful though.

Thanks again.

Stu
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If its block being lifted and re-layed its likely to be a subby, not VM themselves.  Still VM's responsibility though. Issue is likely to be agreement over what reinstaing to the same standard actually IS. Can you jump ahead and get a couple of photos of "before", just in case there is any hassle getting the sub contractors geared up to do it to the previous standard?

Ill raise your issue , might be worth talking to a local councilor or similair in the meantime.

stuart6941
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Thanks for your reply and raising this. Really useful.

Im hoping they have not actually finished as they are still working on the estate and they come and finish off and clean up aswell. I'm not confident though.

I do have concerns it will start to dip too in places as i know this can happen if block paving is not put back correctly, but I'll not know this for a while.

Yes, I'll take some pics and look to raise with the council if I see no further work on it over the next few days.

Thanks again
0 Kudos
stuart6941
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Further to my previous post I managed to collar a workman who came back to finish off on my street. I mentioned about the mess to which he said he had had a complaint from another neighbour.

He said the mess was not his job to clean up but he would mention it when he got back to the depot about sending someone to jetwash. They sent a man with a broom. He spent 10 mins sweeping and made no difference at all to the mess.

I called Virgin but they cannot lodge a complaint unless I have an account number. Even when I explained I wouldn't have an account for this type of complaint she couldn't help. I cannot trace any other virgin number to call.

I see the only option is to speak to my local councillor at the council to see what can be done.

This all leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth and would really discourage me from having any virgin products if this is how they treat local communities.

Stu
0 Kudos