Menu
Somad
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Billed for calls when there's no phone connected?

Hi

Does anyone know how I can be billed for phone calls when we've never made any?We pay for a line even though we have never used it and don't even possess a phone. We've been with Virgin for over six months and never had a problem then last month we were charged 98p for calls never made. I spent over an hour going from pillar to post and finally got it credited. I was never given an explanation as to why this happened and assumed it was just a one off blip. However, my  new bill has just arrived and shows 34p for calls I couldn't possibly have made. Having spent half an hour on the chat line to be told I now need to get on to the technical team  am just about ready to explode with frustration. It's not the amount but the principle..and I just wonder how many other people this happens to every month who don't check their bills?  We only notice it as we never make any calls so it stands out like a sore thumb. It must be a nice little earner if thousands of these go unnoticed.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billed for calls when there's no phone connected?

Best wait for one of the VM staff to pick up your post, might not be for some days.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Somad
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tudor, will do 👍
0 Kudos
Factualgnome
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dodgy line. It happened to me. They had to come out and fix it. If it's not fixed it will probably keep happening.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi if you don't use it simply cancel it that will solve the problem, and when doing so tell them why. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Somad
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ok, thanks for your reply 👍
0 Kudos
Somad
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky. I'm not sure if I can cancel yet as we signed up in June on a special deal which I think needs to run for at least a year..but I will look into this. Many thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Somad and welcome to our forum,

We're sorry to hear of the unexpected call charges.

I'd like to look into this for you, so I'll be dropping you a private message soon. Just click the small envelope icon to the top right.
Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos