Menu
FastInternetPlz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Been waiting over 4+ years :(

I have been waiting for my area "FY5 3UD" to get Virgin Media for over 4 years now, I have raised the awareness to everyone in my area so hopefully the interest will get us Virgin Media faster. I really do hate the old copper cable network I am on I cannot even Stream games and with having a growing Youtube Channel its bad to have rubbish internet in 2017, I am just so frustrated at waiting so long when just down the road they have it and when I check on the Cable My Street, it says that we are in future development..... I need to know more information but right now I am sitting in the dark Smiley Sad I just wish it happens soon so I can finally be happy and have the internet I always dreamed of having but never got.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Been waiting over 4+ years :(

Looking at the area round about, you'd likely qualify as "infill" - areas adjacent to currently cabled areas with no service.

VM are mostly focused on "Project Lightning" ATM as thats extending their network to new areas- at the expense of infill.

Judging by most mapping tools, you've NO access to high speed broadband. Might be worth getting like minded souls together and involve the local MP to harass both VM and BT Openreach.

FastInternetPlz
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for the answer, I have already contacted The Local MP and also Local Council, non of them seem to care. It's really pathetic that we are in 2017 and still the UK sucks at providing people with fast internet. I have to sit and wait to see if I get better internet and if not I will be extremely disappointed.... I have done all that I can think of to get better internet to our area too, even residents here are getting sick of bad internet, I have lived here since the day this house was built and all I have had is poor of a excuse of internet, let down and disappointed over and over again. Even places around us have FTTC(Fibre To The Cabinet) and I am sitting here thinking what the hell is going on..... I basically wasted time on raising awareness on BT Openreach FTTC and now it seems I am just wasting my time on Virgin Media's Service.
0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

Looking at the area round about, you'd likely qualify as "infill" - areas adjacent to currently cabled areas with no service.

VM are mostly focused on "Project Lightning" ATM as thats extending their network to new areas- at the expense of infill.

Judging by most mapping tools, you've NO access to high speed broadband. Might be worth getting like minded souls together and involve the local MP to harass both VM and BT Openreach.

Nope. All build is Project Lightning. Builds pre-dating it were rolled into it last year.

0 Kudos