Menu
carrie22
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Awful engineer service

I am so upset, I posted about an issue a few months ago regarding the cables no longer being safe on my property. The engineers came out today and they have ruined my property!! There is concrete all over my newly laid front garden and all up the side of my house they have just dumped a load of concrete over the top of the wires. My children have trodden in concrete into the house due to the state of the garden and now my carpet is going to be ruined and needing replacing. I am heart broken at the lack of respect given to my property and the awful way it has been dealt with!
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful engineer service

Make sure you take plenty of dated photos to back up any subsequent claim for damages.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
carrie22
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The house phone doesn't work even though they were supposed to reconnect all my services too and been trying to get it rectified and they say I'm going to be without it until someone else comes out.
0 Kudos
carrie22
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How can I claim for the damages, people on the phone don't know and can't find anything on the website?
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

carrie22 wrote:
How can I claim for the damages, people on the phone don't know and can't find anything on the website?

It would be a civil action through the courts.  Citizens Advice Bureau may be able to offer some guidance.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi carrie22

I appreciate you getting back in touch with us on the forums. Given what you have said I am very sorry to hear that any damage has been caused to your property.

The process we follow for this is not dealt with by our agents but passed on via them to the area managers of the contractors or engineers who would have attended.

They will liaise with you at this point and arrange to call out to assess the damages. Independent assessors may then have to be called in.

An agreement is then looked at between you and the management teams for us to put in place to rectify any damages we may have caused to your personal property.

I'm going to send a pm to you in order for me to take the details from you regarding this. If you do have pictures as @Dave_cq has mentioned that would be great.

You can find the pm in the top of the forums on the top right.

I hope to speak soon.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos