Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (71 Views)

Any Technicians/Engineers?

Hi,

I haven't had wifi for the last two weeks. As Virgin media disconnected my current provider without making sure Virgin media broadband was up and running.

An engineer visited my house and has installed the sockets on the wall and outside but couldn't complete the installation as the cabling from the street was not done.

Now the cabling has been done. The router is set up and the network can also been seen on our phones. However the network does not have internet as the cable from the street and the cable inside has not been joined.

I've been asked to wait for an additional week for the 'Engineers Installation'

Is there any way I can get someone to join the wires as soon as possible?
As myself and my siblings are in the midst of our exams. And we haven't had wifi for the last two weeks and now asked to wait longer.. Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 2 of 4 (45 Views)

Re: Any Technicians/Engineers?

Sorry, but "Virgin media disconnected my current provider ..." is not true. VM have no means of disconnecting any ADSL/VDSL provided broadband service. They are supplied in totally different ways, VM will not even touch any Openreach supplied phone cables. The only way a prior service can be disconnected is by you.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (39 Views)

Virgin media disconnected my current provider in the sense that they contacted my current provider and asked to transfer the line to Virgin media.
I did not contact my current provider to cancel my internet. I simply received a letter from my current provider saying that they were contacted by Virgin media and that the line will disconnect on the date. And that if I wished to stay with my current provider I should contact them latest on the day before.

Maybe look into the process of broadband transfer and change overs.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 4 (30 Views)

The best option is to overlap services when changing to Virgin. Number ports can be done at any time after installation as a separate request, & this removes the risk of being "cut-off" by the ADSL/VDSL provider.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos