Menu
Karen77
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Anticipated New Street Cabling

Hi

Guy in our road has marked out for cabling.  Narrow, steep street.  Lots of squiggles all over pavements.  Will we be informed of work to be carried out.  Lots of squiggles at the very end of my drive.  Do hope I will not be blocked in?? why cant they do works between houses instead of smack bang at the end of driveways?? Answers please before I get really cross

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anticipated New Street Cabling

VM's contractors have wayleave to put infrastructure (ducting & access plus equipment cabinets) on council owned land only. They will not install anything on private property. The council will have a detailed plan, but are unlikely to make it public.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Karen77
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.  I have spoken to VM they will hopefully move their installation.  Out of a cul de sac of 31 houses ours is the only one which has markings slap bang at the end of our driveway.  All the other markings are inbetween gardens which is far better.  I need my car and access to my drive as I care for elderly relatives and I have a disabled daughter.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The markings only usually show where surface features need to be (swept tees, ducting access covers & cabinets). The ducting between them will not be marked, so excavation where your drive crosses into the road may still happen.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos