Menu
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Another Price Hike On The Way

VM are writing to its customers to announce further price increases from November 2016.  This has really got out of hand.

Price rise Nov 2016.jpg

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another Price Hike On The Way

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I'm definitely making comparisons at the moment.  if I were to shift to freeview and  https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/deals/index.htm#PostalCodeView 

could mean a lot of savings later in the year 

boysim34
Dialled in
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Just waiting for our letter to arrive, looks as if ours will go up 3.99 a month, all I can say is I'm off. off to Vodafone as there is no line rental and off to currys to buy a Freeview recorder which I can get for about 150. existing customers are paying the price for the promotions to get new customers and sports. I have been a loyal customer but this is now just too much.

Buy Vriginmedia

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks for posting here about the recent changes we're making. We appreciate that no one likes to hear about a price rise. To make sure we are able to offer the best services we can, we sometimes need to review our prices.

Every year we launch better services, faster speeds and unbeatable offers for all our customers.

If you're unhappy then it is the perfect opportunity for you to look at reviewing your overall package with us so it would be great if you could either get in touch with our team via Webchat or via 150 / 0345 454 1111. Our teams will be more than happy to take a look at this with you.

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Paul_Smith
Superfast
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Agree you might need to review your prices and understand your running a buisness, but a price rise for the third time this year....really ? Slaps of greed and scant regard for your customers.

mutt08
Superfast
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Just had a quick look at the Vodafone deal & its seems to be a no brainer.

Virgin appear to have really lost the plot now & its time for its customers to vote with their feet.

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks for posting here about the recent changes we're making. We appreciate that no one likes to hear about a price rise. To make sure we are able to offer the best services we can, we sometimes need to review our prices.

Surely, you JEST... You REALLY call what you offer 'the best services' you can??

Poor broadband speeds, serious problems with 'tivo' and 'tv anywhere' ,  e-mail that doesn't work more than it does, and has serious 'flaws' in it,  that's without the poor customer service that you cannot contact, and if you can, cannot understand the pigdin language spoken. Add 'yodel' delivery and a mobile service with no 4G, no call forwarding, poor signal almost everywhere..

Every year we launch better services, faster speeds and unbeatable offers for all our customers.

Maybe, but just what percentage of your 'customers' actually achieve these miraculous 'speeds'?  Not that many I know, (check the posts on here!!) and just how many people can access 'tv anywhere' when you are several months behind issuing updates for  'popular' phones??Pray tell?? 

Charging EVERYBODY for the luxuries afforded to the 'lucky few'  doesn't cut the ice with a lot of us to be honest Kath.... Instead of trying to con all of the people with promises you cannot possibly fulfill, try giving them what they are actually paying for, at the price that they pay you, rather than hypothetical 'pie in the sky' figures that REALLY have no semblence of service ACTUALLY provided!! 

If you're unhappy then it is the perfect opportunity for you to look at reviewing your overall package with us so it would be great if you could either get in touch with our team via Webchat or via 150 / 0345 454 1111. Our teams will be more than happy to take a look at this with you.

IE; tie you down with another contract!! thus guaranteeing you more income even if you don't fulfill again....

Thanks

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse wrote:

Kath_F wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

Surely, you JEST... You REALLY call what you offer 'the best services' you can??

Poor broadband speeds, serious problems with 'tivo' and 'tv anywhere' ,  e-mail that doesn't work more than it does, and has serious 'flaws' in it,  that's without the poor customer service that you cannot contact, and if you can, cannot understand the pigdin language spoken. Add 'yodel' delivery and a mobile service with no 4G, no call forwarding, poor signal almost everywhere..

Maybe, but just what percentage of your 'customers' actually achieve these miraculous 'speeds'?  Not that many I know, (check the posts on here!!) and just how many people can access 'tv anywhere' when you are several months behind issuing updates for  'popular' phones??Pray tell?? 

Charging EVERYBODY for the luxuries afforded to the 'lucky few'  doesn't cut the ice with a lot of us to be honest Kath.... Instead of trying to con all of the people with promises you cannot possibly fulfill, try giving them what they are actually paying for, at the price that they pay you, rather than hypothetical 'pie in the sky' figures that REALLY have no semblence of service ACTUALLY provided!! 

IE; tie you down with another contract!! thus guaranteeing you more income even if you don't fulfill again....

Thanks

Whilst im normally a fan of your work, there is such a thing as "over egging the cake" (apologies the better half has bake-off going). There are many many people who receive spot on speeds, Tivo service that works and genuinely decent service from VM. Excepting 1st line support (which even the biggest VM fanboi could not describe as "adequate"), most customers get what they pay for. . Email actually works fine ATM, I haven't had one of the annoying supermarket prize draw spam delivered in about 6 weeks. But hyperbole aside yes there are issues. And if you are trapped in contract in an overutilised area, you now have a get out of jail free card......

jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

we receive a good speed and always get around 180mb. tvo has been very good aside from the recent channel guide problem which i hope doesnt happen again. as for the price 'hike'. if people can't afford 3 quid a month i question should they even be spending the money they do have in the first place. everything goes up despite the missleading rpi figures. thats life.