Menu
dowie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Another Great Experience with Virgin

Hi All 

I see more and more posts about the service with Virgin being terrible and I would just like to share my views regarding my time with Virgin, Ive been a customer now since 1994 the 1st roll out of cable in Leeds, I was lucky enough to live very near to the Cable Company at the time (Jones Cable Leeds) and my family was offered a trial deal which was brilliant for us. Since then the company has changed hands and ive moved house several times but still the service from them has been very good. We move up to present day and ive just had a call with a great guy called Kieran. Ive a Tivo that is getting towards its end of life and asked what he could do to help. He has sorted me a new box to replace it and ive got another being installed as well, also while the engineer is here he will get a new superhub installed as mine is an old one. Whats this cost me ?? £5 reduction in my bill a month (even better!!!).

Now try that same thing with Sky or any other provider as I did with my Grandmother's Sky account £65 for an engineer, £100 replacement of the router (as it was over 12 months old) and £15 per month on top for another box on there basic package 

Well done Virginmedia too many people complain about things but never commend companies when they help 

Many Thanks for reading this biblical post

Dowie

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another Great Experience with Virgin

Hi Dowie

nice to hear something positive amongst all the doom and gloom of most of the posts around here.

Hope you don't mind me moving your post as I didn't think the Gaming Support board was the most appropriate place for it as it does not mention gaming or the need for support Smiley Happy

EDIT - Also removed your double post of this message.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
dowie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott

Sure go ahead I did realise that and thought i had deleted this as I reposted it on another thread

Mark
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

dowie wrote:
Hi Scott

Sure go ahead I did realise that and thought i had deleted this as I reposted it on another thread

Mark

Hi Mark

For future reference it is not possible for users to delete a post, you would need to flag a post with the Mods or ask a Superuser to remove it for you.

All sorted now, post is on a more appropriate board and duplicate post removed.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As I have previously messaged:

MY SH2 worked perfectly for years

My SH3 was self-installed - worked first-time -no problems and 6 months later is still no problem.

My x2 TiVo boxes work - without any problem

Too many people forget that on this Forum most people have a particular problem - thus they are here ...BUT... I suspect many many SH3 are installed monthly with no problem - just it's never mentioned here!

... ZVNK ...