Menu
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Amazon vs Netflix vs Sky movies

Hi all

Has anyone got any of these and if so which one is best? I think sky movies is the most expensive so rulling it out.

Amazon vs Netflix?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon vs Netflix vs Sky movies

both are good options. I find netflix has the most content but if you get a prime subscription for the year you also get amazon prime next day delivery and prime music.

I have both but i use netflix way more then prime for streaming.
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What's best for latest films come out from cinemas? I guess sky hence more expensive
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

anthony_b wrote:
What's best for latest films come out from cinemas? I guess sky hence more expensive

Yep, Sky will generally show films long before they appear on Netflix\Amazon, though after the DVD release (unless you pay for on demand films, but you can do that through Amazon as well).

I have all 3 and I would say Netflix is the most watched, though mostly for TV series rather than films, followed by Amazon. I've had Sky Movies since October and haven't actually watched a film yet, except for a free on demand one that they gave as a Christmas present!

In most cases, if I want to watch a film I will have bought the DVD before it appears on any of these services!

anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Great thanks

Not sure if you can answer this,but how long does it roughly take for Netflix to get a movie after cinema?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

anthony_b wrote:
Great thanks

Not sure if you can answer this,but how long does it roughly take for Netflix to get a movie after cinema?

Difficult to say as it varies, personally I watch Netflix mainly for their box-sets and Netflix made content (there are some Netflix orignial movies), I also have prime and would say it's a 50/50 split of content watched between the two services

0 Kudos
Dimbers
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have all 3 and Netflix gets used waaaaay more than the others. Netflix has some great content and a lot of the original stuff they do is great. Amazon i only use to watch The Grand Tour and Sky movies never gets used.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Dimbers wrote:

I have all 3 and Netflix gets used waaaaay more than the others. Netflix has some great content and a lot of the original stuff they do is great. Amazon i only use to watch The Grand Tour and Sky movies never gets used.

Amazon Lucifer, Goliath, Bosch, Preacher, Vikings, Man in the High Castle, Hand of God, Sneaky Pete, Mr Robot, Halt and Catch Fire, and The Grand Tour

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ive amazon prime, for the reason mentioned above- you get free one day delivery. But I do use the streaming quite a bit as well- some good stuff on there.

0 Kudos
barmyarmy66
Up to speed
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Got all 3

Netflix used frequently for TV series rarely for films.

Sky Cinema used everyday.

Amazon Prime is rarely used.
0 Kudos