Menu
Accesrights-1
Tuning in
Message 21 of 36
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Access

I think I’ve attached the photo in my profile? Can you see them?
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 22 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Accesrights-1 wrote:
I think I’ve attached the photo in my profile? Can you see them?

Nope, just stick them on imgur and post the link

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 23 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I see them. Now if that curb is lowered all the way along. in front of the box then yes VM shouldn't of put it there assuming planning permission was given for the curb to be lowered before the box was installed.

Pictures make things so much easier. Now the way was picturing the wall you described.

I'd report this to the council planning team as well and see what (if any) permission was granted and if it was installed where it was meant to be
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Accesrights-1, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

I have forwarded the request regarding the Wayleave team to check on this for you. 

With regards to the Complaints Code of Practice, you can see this here: Complaints

I have saved the photo's as evidence to show the teams. In terms of the access, it does look as though there is enough room to park the car on the driveway based on the angle of the photo. If you can add some more showing the pavement outside and the full driveway that would also help Smiley Happy 

As soon as the Wayleave team come back to me, I will update you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Accesrights-1
Tuning in
Message 25 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath, many thanks for your quick response, the complaint process and confirmation that you are getting the further supporting documentation.

I will get a future picture which shows the curb and the fact that they car won’t fit. My mother requires a bigger car for her wheel
Chair, walker frame, (which ever she is using) or even the ability to get in and out of the car with ease. She is unable to sit / bend down low.
0 Kudos
Accesrights-1
Tuning in
Message 26 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Cool, you can see the photos. I could only find the quick response link via my phone.

And thank you for your independant review / opinion. It is helpful.
0 Kudos
Accesrights-1
Tuning in
Message 27 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this option too. I think people can now view them on my profile and the evidence have them etc

Kind regards
0 Kudos
Accesrights-1
Tuning in
Message 28 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath, I’ve added more photos as requested. I can confirm it’s a dropped drive all the way across the 3 houses there.

My parents state the VM box arrived last.

In return of you getting your paper work my father is obtaining copies of his house deeds too.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Accesrights-1,

Thanks for uploading those pictures for me Smiley Happy

OK, after further investigation into this, the Virgin Media cabinet was installed before your parents had a drive. When the box was installed on the street, it sat in front of a stone pillar and therefore not blocking any access.

You can see from Google Street View here there was no drive.

This picture was taken in July 2014 and you can view this on Google Street Map viewer yourself.

I have still raised this up and the team have come back to me today again advising that this will be something you would need to speak to the council regarding as they agreed permission to site the cabinet in that spot. 

In terms of the costs, I have found out why they are quite substantial too. These will be due to the cabling and interior connections already set up from the box to the nearest virgin media chamber housing these also on top of the normal labour costs. 

In terms of your next step, I would advise speaking with the divisionary works team that would’ve quoted the price / fee for the movement of the cabinet. Any works or requests made for moving any virgin media apparatus is covered within their remit and the type of works they are to cover so they will be the best ones to talk to. 

If there is anything else we can do to help, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 30 of 36
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

that changes things a lot. In that case it will be the council you will need to speed to for giving permission.

one of 2 things happened.

1) The drive was never there but the access rights were and the curd was already lowered for a drive and you should of had a drive there but someone turned it into a garden

2) the drive was put in With planning permission after the VM ox and the council permission for the drive to be there accepted the location of the box as part of the permission.

i think now, Looking at the old street view you will have a hard time getting it move.
0 Kudos