Menu
Accesrights-1
Tuning in
Message 11 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access

It has a lowered curb. It is one big
Lowered curb between my parents drive and the neighborughs. There is a post / wall between the two but the box was placed in from of my parents private house / drive.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 36
Flag for a moderator

in that case you may well need legal advice and to check with the council if the lowered curb gives access right for the while width of the curb.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Accesrights-1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that one of our cabinets is causing an issue. 

When we acquired the relevant permits, in order to gain these we would have had to supply our build plans as part of the planning permission process.This includes the exact location, specifications, if we need to dig, the route we'll be taking if so and the list goes on. As we were granted the permission, this means the decision laid with the council as the land where we've placed the cabinet is owned by the council. 

If this isn't the case, then Wayleave would have been needed and therefore it would never of been placed without an agreement in place. 

I can certainly escalate this to the teams however it's very unlikely we would move the cabinet at our expense. 

I have sent you a private message asking for some information. I will also need some pictures showing the placement of the cabinet, the driveway and where the obstacles lay. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Accesrights-1, 

Thanks for coming back to me with that information via private message Smiley Happy 

As mentioned in my previous post, I will also need some pictures showing the placement of the cabinet, the driveway and where the obstacles lay. This is so I can raise this up to the relevant team. 

In terms of moving it 6 inches or 6 meters, I'm afraid the cost is pretty much the same as the same actions will need to be taken etc so this won't be taken in to account I'm afraid. 

As I said, I can raise this up but in terms of the outcome, I can't advise on what this will be. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Accesrights-1
Tuning in
Message 15 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath, I now have the pictures and I will send under seperate cover to you. To confirm to you the house was purchased in the 80’s. Prior to the box being there.

No paper work has ever been signed and i have checked my parents paperwork and the VM box is directly outside their land to which VM have never had their permission to do so.

Please can you me provide with a copy of the documentation that you feel provides you with the right to take the action you have without consent so I can take forward.

I note your comment re 6inchs ot more. The offer of 6 inches was to aid your company as I suspect the box should have been placed in front of the next door neighbours house as it is council owned. Though now I feel you may need to move this further then if its proven that VM have made a mistake. As you say it is the same cost.

I would like this request now to be treated as a formal complaint and therefore I would also appreciate a copy of your complaints process.

To confirm please can you send a copy of the documents you hold which you feel provides VM with the right to place a VM box illegally outside of my parents property and also VM complaint process.

Kind regards
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 36
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

"VM box is directly outside their land"

Key word there. "OUTSIDE THERI LAND" so its council land and the council gave permission for it. Nothing illegal here.

Accesrights-1
Tuning in
Message 17 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Are you implying the council can place obstacles in front of people’s
Private access?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 18 of 36
Flag for a moderator

no but you have not given any reason to think it is blocking access its at the side of the drive. Only way to know would be to post a picture. Without it we can only assume the council allowed it to be placed where planning permission allowed.
0 Kudos
Accesrights-1
Tuning in
Message 19 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I’ve sent kath a private message to try and work out how to attach a picture. Do you know how? I will then post and would appreciate your independent view. Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 20 of 36
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

to attach a picture using the reply (not quick reply) and click on the photo button on the tool bar of the edit window. then click choose file and attach the image from the computer.

0 Kudos