Menu
Paz61
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

A competition (sorry, no prizes)

Hi, I thought it would be fun to have a competition to see who had the worst Virgin Media street cabinet, you know that little green box at the end of your street where everybody's connections are housed.

I'll go first, I think I have a good chance winning with this little beauty atop of my cul-de-sac.

Despite numerous calls to VM over the last couple of years they refuse to do something about it.

Surrey Country Council have now got involved so perhaps something will be done to resolve the issue..........but I will not hold my breath!box1.jpgbox2.jpgbox3.jpgbox4.jpg

'Political Correctness' is an evil totalitarian ideology aiming to curtail freedom of speech and stunt freedom of thought by using Freudian brainwashing techniques.
It is like a cancer on our society and if left untreated and uncured the very least it will eventually do is blur our ability to see reality.

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: A competition (sorry, no prizes)

LOL.  I can't match that but I do wish visiting crews would replace the cover properly on our local cabinet.  Just because the cover is very slightly warped you need to hold the top corner in place as you turn the key to get the bolt to latch, but no, that's far too complicated for these brainless idiots.  So the corner with the exposed bolt is flapping about in the breeze, an invitation for any passing yob to rip it off.

We had a cable pull crew working here yesterday and I saw the guy put the cover back wrongly so I pointed out what he needed to do and he just said 'that's how I found it' and walked away.  Unbelievable.   Smiley Frustrated

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Paz61,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and providing photographic evidence as well! I had a bit of a shock seeing the state of this cabinet. 

I'd like to get this escalated straight away, so I'll need to take more information from you. I will send you a private message for further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for sending those details! I've escalated this to our Field Maintenance team and also the area field manager so that we can make sure this gets fixed as quickly as possible.

If I receive any further updates on this, I'll let you know. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

LOL.  I can't match that but I do wish visiting crews would replace the cover properly on our local cabinet.  Just because the cover is very slightly warped you need to hold the top corner in place as you turn the key to get the bolt to latch, but no, that's far too complicated for these brainless idiots.  So the corner with the exposed bolt is flapping about in the breeze, an invitation for any passing yob to rip it off.

We had a cable pull crew working here yesterday and I saw the guy put the cover back wrongly so I pointed out what he needed to do and he just said 'that's how I found it' and walked away.  Unbelievable.   Smiley Frustrated

Electron
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Surely that cant be working?

Ive seen a few ropey ones in my time but that one HAS to win......well something. Least cared for Telecoms infrastructure 2016?

Paz61
Tuning in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Kippies.

Surprisingly it is working!

Perhaps we should start an annual award for "Least cared for Telecoms Infrastructure of the Year". Lol

'Political Correctness' is an evil totalitarian ideology aiming to curtail freedom of speech and stunt freedom of thought by using Freudian brainwashing techniques.
It is like a cancer on our society and if left untreated and uncured the very least it will eventually do is blur our ability to see reality.
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

My neighbour told me of something he observed last year.  He was parked up on a council estate a couple of miles from here waiting to pick up a taxi fare when he noticed a teenager go to the local VM street cabinet, remove the cover which had obviously not been replaced correctly and put a small plastic bag in there.  A few minutes later another youth turned up and removed the bag replacing it with another.

Seems VM cabinets are the new way to make drugs drops.    If you want High Speeds and you are not getting them, you need an open street cabinet.    Smiley LOL

Electron
Paz61
Tuning in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

That hilarious Dave!

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Dave_cq wrote:

My neighbour told me of something he observed last year.  He was parked up on a council estate a couple of miles from here waiting to pick up a taxi fare when he noticed a teenager go to the local VM street cabinet, remove the cover which had obviously not been replaced correctly and put a small plastic bag in there.  A few minutes later another youth turned up and removed the bag replacing it with another.

Seems VM cabinets are the new way to make drugs drops.    If you want High Speeds and you are not getting them, you need an open street cabinet.    Smiley LOL

Probably the highest speeds ever achieved on anything to do with VM, that's for sure .

PS, uploaded and downloaded in just a few minutes!!  WOW, wish we had such responsive broadband!!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Paz61,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and providing photographic evidence as well! I had a bit of a shock seeing the state of this cabinet. 

I'd like to get this escalated straight away, so I'll need to take more information from you. I will send you a private message for further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Paz61
Tuning in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

Thank you for your post.

I have replied to your private message.

Regards

Trevor

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Here's another entry posted elsewhere on the forum. Smiley Sad

Isn't this sort of stuff criminal damage?

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes