Flag for a moderator

3D TV Is Dead

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3D TV Is Dead

Hoorah!

Now if only all cinemas would go back to 2D only as well.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

And the future is.... technicolor TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VubjmxMiVs

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Nice, it's about time that happened Cat Happy

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've never watched anything in 3D - for me it's just a gimmick.  Looking at the 2D version of certain films such as the last Final Destination film, where you can see which scenes have been designed to take advantage of the 3D gimmick, but I for one don't want to sit in front of a TV or at the Cinema with a pair of 3D glasses on.

Most of the movie doesn't really take advantage of 3D AFAICT and once people cottoned on to that fact, it was only a matter of time before it's popularity wained.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

am i the only one that liked 3D at home Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:

I doubt You're the only one, but my TV is from 2007 and my blu-ray player from 2005 and I wasn't willing to buy new equipment just for 3D

Now that I am willing  to splash out for 4K the tech in an unfinished state and I think it will be at some point after April 2018 before I buy new kit and the new stuff won't have 3D so I have skipped the whole craze

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I only ever saw one 3D thing, 'The Bee movie' at the local cinema and it wasn't a good experience Cat LOL

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

ravenstar68 wrote:

<snip> I've never watched anything in 3D - for me it's just a gimmick.  Looking at the 2D version of certain films such as the last Final Destination film, where you can see which scenes have been designed to take advantage of the 3D gimmick... <snip>

The downside I've seen is where the 3D gimmick is used in place of actual story telling and that's one of the main reasons why I don't like it on most movies (maybe except Avatar). I'd rather have a good story in 2D than gimmicky visuals in 3D. So for now at least the technology is not being used in the right way. I'd rather see Star Wars in 2D than 3D.

Once VR gets to the stage where you can be IN the film, without the need for a headset or glasses then that will be a game-changer, but we're quite a way off from plugging our brains directly in yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:

No, your not the only one, I've watched quite a few at home, but must admit it's been months since watching it last.

Spent a tenner on a cheap VR headset, family has spent a good few hours of fun with it, electric bill may have gone up a bit - phone battery's don't last long :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos