Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
elman

Slow internet in the evenings.

[ Edited ]
I have slow Internet during last 2 months. The speed is good (10 Mbps) during a day, but goes down to 1-2 Mbps after 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Can you let me know why is it slow in the evenings?
I have completed the sections from a previous topic.
Software.
1. My PC and MAC are generally fast.
2. Checked for viruses.
3. Cleared temporary Internet files, cookies and history
4. Removed all programmes from the autostart.
5. I don't have P2P software
Hardware.
1. I have 2 computers in my network.
It is not a hardware or software issue, because the speed is good during a day, but very slow in the evenings.
Please use plain text.
Boffin
Lucy_P

Re: Slow internet in the evenings.

Hi elman,

Thank you for posting your queries.

Firstly, I noticed that you have recently joined this forum, have you also recently subscribed to the national Virgin internet service? If you could please send me your account or telephone number via a private message, I can check your account for you and advise further. As a new subscriber, you may be experiencing erratic speeds due to the initial 10 day training period before your services stabilise out to give you the maximum stable speed and threshold rate.

Also, as you say that you only notice that your speeds drop in the evening, you may be experiencing peak time traffic and congestion issues. With you account details to hand, I can check your exchange and look into this further.

Many thanks,

Lucy Paradice

Hope this helps.

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
elman

Hi Lucy,

I am with Virgin for more than one year. I have sent you a private message with the account details.

Thanks,

Elman

Please use plain text.
Boffin
Lucy_P

Hi Elman,

I have checked your account and see that you connect via fibre optic cable and not adsl.

Please direct your queries to the cable modem forum.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Regards,

Lucy. 

Lucy Paradice

Hope this helps.

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
elman

Created another topic in Fibre optic broadband section of the forum.

Please use plain text.
Boffin
Lucy_P

Many thanks.

Apologies,

Lucy

Lucy Paradice

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.