Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
IG10

P2P/Bittorrent no longer support by Virgin?

Hello Guys

I got the "upgrade" a few days ago and not much in the change in speed but now it appears that Bittorrents etc do not seem to be working as well as they used too.

Infact unless you make changes to your protocol encryption then you wont get any torrent action at all.

What is going on at the Virgin end and will things return to the way they were or are P2P networks and Bit Torrent etc. now ceasing on Virgin ADSL?

Many Thanks

Richard

Please use plain text.
Crafty
matthewdaniels

Re: P2P/Bittorrent no longer support by Virgin?

did same to me i'm with sky best thing i ever did and drop that joke of a service provider

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
IG10

Yeah I have it working but its probably time to switch as I can stand the hassle. As no one from Virgin has come and said "no we havent blocked it" it can only mean its all over on Virgin Broadband for P2P and Bittorrent etc.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
VM-Daz

[ Edited ]

I have been having the same problem, called 150 today and he said he had sent a refresh to my adsl modem.

All seems to be working fine now, he is due to call back after 1 hour to see if p2p traffic has caused my connection to drop off.

Seems strange that it works fine until utorrent is opened!!!!!!

Also seems strange that the link on the national customers "fair use policy" does not work at the moment...

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
IG10

Hi

Thanks for the reply, i will give them a call tommorow. I suspect they are banning torrenting, legal or otherwise, after all they offer TV services etc. I will give them a call and see what they say or get my MAC number and change.

Why does no one from VM comment on this?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
omslemming

I torrent with no problems, using bitlord client. Suspect the problem is ur connection rather then vm as a whole
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
VM-Daz

im no longer having any problems..........working fine

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Aaron_G

Thanks for your post, please refer to the the following link:

Virgin Media Limited - Blocked Websites 

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Virgin National
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
VM-Daz

[ Edited ]

I had the bt exchange upgrade done a week ago, since then Virgin are constanly blocking my incoming port for p2p software. My upnp setting on the router is opening the port fine. Using a web based port scanner the port is open until I open utorrent. It lasts for about 20sec then Virgin block the port. I have even set my incoming port to a commonly used port thats normally open for standard web use. They also block these. Why is there information explaining how to use utorrent scheduler if its not possible to be connectable?

Please can I have some more info on what exactly has changed with Virgin National adsl broadband terms & condions????

This is where the traffic managment policy should be but does not exist

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticleB.jsp?uuid=986CD7BD-6A63-4249-87C6-8BB70AC9A5E6

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Craig_D

Hi VM-Daz

I have mailed our management regarding the traffic management policy and expect to recieve a reply shortly. When I do, I'll update you here.

Speak soon

Craig

Craig
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.