Fresh as a Daisy
Lizlan

Internet disconnects when phone rings

Hi, can anyone tell me why my Internet disconnects when the house phone rings. We have adsl filters in place which have been renewed but this is still happening and is very annoying. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
dozer167

Re: Internet disconnects when phone rings

[ Edited ]

Lizlan wrote:
Hi, can anyone tell me why my Internet disconnects when the house phone rings. We have adsl filters in place which have been renewed but this is still happening and is very annoying. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks

Hi Lizlan,

there is every chance that one of your recently renewed adsl filters may have developed a fault. Call Customer Services on 150 0r 151 free from a virgin landline or alternatively call 0845 4541111 from any telephone or mobile for assistance in resolving this issue.             

Regards  dozer167

I do not work for Virgin Media, I'm just another customer. If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the kudos star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer?
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Sarah_D

Re: Internet disconnects when phone rings

[ Edited ]

Hi Lizlan,

What you're describing sounds like what's called a high open fault. Before we can escalate this to our faults team we will need you to go through a couple of diagnostics:

1) If you can first plug all the equipment (your phone and broadband via the filter) into the main BT test socket

2) Then if the issue is still occurring then you will need to lastly either try an alternative handset, or try your handset at another property (just to make sure the handset is not causing the issue).

If you are still receiving the same issue, you need to contact our call centre on either 0845 454 2222 or 151 option 3 from a Virgin Landline.

Regards.

Sarah Davies
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Please use plain text.