Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
Eafy

Internet cuts out every 20 minutes or so?

Hey everyone, I'm posting because I am really peeved about my internet service provider. Not only is the speed (when it is connected) awfully slow...but my internet is constantly cutting out. This is not a rare occurrence either, it constantly happens every 20 minutes or so and it is affecting my gaming! (serious problem!).

If anyone has any ideas on what is causing it please post...

PS - I am using a Linksys WAG354G wireless router and the internet connection is, obviously, running through my phoneline. Please help!

Thanks,
Olli 

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
geist87

Re: Internet cuts out every 20 minutes or so?

hello eafy, don't expect any help here. I've tried. My internet went off for 4 days completely. Before then and again now it does the same as yours, disconnects every 10-20 minutes. It's a c r ap provider and if you can leave, you should. I can't cos i'm renting and landlord/housemate set it up. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
PmX
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
PmX

When the Internet goes down, what do the status lights on the router show? Does it loose sync (DSL light flashes or goes out) or does it loose auth(Internet light goes out or changes colour) or does everything look the same and simply stop working?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
geist87

The internet light goes out, and the dsl light flashes. Seemingly nothing brings it back but time

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
OvEr_KiLL

another one with the same problem as some of us..its somthing to do with ip profile being too high on the line and you need to talk to virgin techs about it or there is a problem with your exchange, basically your router is loosing synch to the exchange from snr db's going too low or somthing like that, call them up see what they say..also try the router in the test socket with the filter on aswel see if thats alot better, it might be, its the one behind the master socket you need to unscrew it, they will tell you on the phone

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
walsh55

This is the exact same problem I've been getting since I signed up to Virgin, been with them 2 months now...and so far I'm very dissappointed, I was previously with BT but changed to virgin as the offered a better deal, I was with BT for 5 years and only once in all that time had a problem but that was due to bt working on phone lines.

I was first annoyed by the fact virgin sent me a D-Link router instead of the netgear router which they advertise all throughout their website, I wouldn't have been too bothered if it actually worked, the best connection speeds and uptime I have had so far with Virgin was in the first 10 days when the connection is mean't to be up and down anyway!

I've tried to speak with virgin techs but they keep putting me on hold or passing me back and forth to different departments and nothing ever gets solved!

I have to say once my contract runs out am going back to BT, not only are their customer service a lot more professional and helpful but their router is to a much higher quality than this stupid D-link and I hardly ever had to restart the homehub atleast once every few months I would just to clear the system out.

Very dissappointed with virgin!

-Chris

Please use plain text.