Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Emerging Talent
macshimi

How to get Virgin Media to Replace a Router

Hi

I have been a loyal Virgin Media customer since 2005 (as NTL) but I am now reaching the end of the line. My broadband connection is consistently erratic. It will work in an acceptable manner for some days and then the speed will drop to the extent that it can take 30 seconds to load a basic text email. During that time, my Samsung Galaxy S3 will report “Your WiFi connection is unstable”.

I have spent many hours on the phone with the Virgin Media tech, with them merely getting me to jump through different hoops, performing various tests.

I now reckon I need Virgin Media to update my router, I have the Netgear 1000.

How do I get them to send me a new router, as the tech only seem to be able to instruction me to buy a new filter, or to re-boot, or run a speed trest, and so on.

All advice is very welcome

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Craig_D

Re: How to get Virgin Media to Replace a Router

Hey macshimi

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you're getting with your connection, hopefully I can help.

Our routers come with a 12 month warranty so as your router is older than 12 months we wouldn't be able to provide one free of charge unfortunately.  I would like to run a few tests on your connection to see if there's any way I can help, are you able to respond to my PM with the information requested?

Look forward to your reply

Craig

Craig
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
macshimi

Hi Craig

I have been away, and only now replied to your PM, thanks for the offer and I'm looking to hearing your opinion.

Can anyone suggest a better router to replace the Netgear DGN1000 that was supplied by Virgin

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
macshimi

I have been reviewing my bill and I was amazed to find I'm paying £9.99 pm for a download limit of 40gb. When I took that out in 2011 (we had moved from a cable to non-cable area) that was really good deal. Now is is expensive.

Looks like I need to get my MAC ASAP; unless Craig can come up with some good info.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
frenchy12345

good luck in trying to get it fixed you'll be best to look elsewhere

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

You will be better off with another isp. Plus net sky etc do unlimited for £7.50
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Craig_D

Hi macshimi

Fill out your details here: https://help.virginmedia.com/system/web/custom/socialMediaEnquiryForm_ssl.jsp and someone will give you a call to discuss your current bill.

Take care

Craig

Craig

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
macshimi

Hi Craig

Thanks for the help; when I fill out the form on you link, I get this message when submitting it:

The request contains data which is not supported.You need to logout and login again.

I will phone tomorrow to discuss the costs.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Craig_D

Hey macshimi

Thanks for getting back to me, if you get any issues when calling PM me the information the form asks for and I'll pass the request on for you.

Take care

Craig

Craig

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
macshimi

Thanks, I will do that now
Please use plain text.