Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent
Excel
Helpful Answer

Activation Date

How reliable is VM? I received the equipment OK and was given an activation date of 01/09/2009 (three days ago).  They said I would receive an email when activation took place.  I am still waiting. I am reluctant to install my current ISP until I receive this notification.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
activatemyline

Re: Activation Date

I also have this problem, was due activation on the 1st of Sept.

Im still waiting...

Please use plain text.
Andy

Hi

Sorry for the delay with this, can you both please reply to the messages i have sent you so we can look into this further

Cheers

Andy

Andy
Moderation Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Excel

My broadband was activated on the promised date, VM just did not bother to let me know. I am pleased to say that everything is now working OK.

Best regards.

Excel. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Excel

Hi

VM did actually activate my broadband on 1st October, they just didn't bother let me know as promised. Everything is now working OK, no problems. :smileyvery-happy: I hope that you are now sorted.

All the best.

Excel.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
sbs0sg

I ordered my National Broadband at the beginning of September and was given an activation date of the 24th September.

On this date, the wirleless router arrived, the phone line was activated by BT and the phone started working.

The broadband is still NOT activated and after countless calls and emails, I still have not been informed of an activation date.  Need to talk to 'Provisions'!

So I am being billed for a phone line I didn't really want and don't need and am still waiting for broadband.

Virgin service is really bad.

Please use plain text.
Andy

Hi sbs0sg

sorry for the delay with activation, if you reply to the private message I have sent you I will get some to look into this for you

Andy

Andy
Moderation Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
sbs0sg

Emails and messages have already been sent by customer services to 'Provisions'.

On the 2nd October I filed an installation complaint, which an email said would be answered 'usually in 5 days.'  Guess what..... still waiting.

On the 5th of october, after telephoning customer services, a message was logged with provisions,  still no call or any information offered.

On Friday 9th, I was told a manager would call me by 1pm.   No call.

So now I hope your passing on my details to the relevant department will actually achieve what I ordered on the 10th of September. 

I don't think I will hold my breath.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
sedg831

had same problem. Activated my phone but did not receive the broadband router until a few weeks later after complaining.

Seems to be working so far but the speed is much slower than was promised over BT. I will be keeping a log of every problem I have with this new service. I hope I do not regret leaving BT.

Please use plain text.