Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Crafty
colinm10

Backup Access

Earlier this week, I had a connection problem with Backup & Storage where I was asked to login. I entered the login information but still no connection and the popup window just sat there looking at me and doing nothing. At the end of the day I shut down my PC and restarted the following morning, Backup then started OK but did not recognize that I had an existing backup and insisted that I had nothing on file and wanted me to start a new backup. I can see my backup on the web site with all the information intact but I cannot find a way for the software on my PC to recognize that it is there.

Anybody any ideas how to access the files and continue the backup as and when the data changes? I don't want to abandon my original backup as it will take forever to catch up with everything in a new backup file.

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Paul_B

Re: Backup Access

Hi colinm10,

If you reinstall the software you will have an option to use a back up that has already been created. Let us know how you get on.

Regards.

Paul Buchanan
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Crafty
colinm10

Paul, thanks for the reply and your suggestion has worked fine. However, this just confirms that this software, while having a lot of potential, is very user unfriendly. I had to be very careful not to restore my files rather than continuing the backup. I also could not understand why the software spent so long monitoring my files until I realised that I had to select the files to backup all over again.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
John_Hag

Hi colinm10,

Thanks for letting us know. The Product team monitor user feedback which then informs their plans for future updates.

Regards,
John Haggerty
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords. Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Wizard
mobing

John_Hag wrote:

Hi colinm10,

Thanks for letting us know. The Product team monitor user feedback which then informs their plans for future updates.

i hope they  to solve  the problem  without dealy ! improve the service and less complaint here!:manindifferent:

Please use plain text.